Thursday, September 2, 2021

Update on Google Data Studio #2 - Reading log page 2

Soooo. It is possible that I might have done a thing, again.

I've been playing with Google Data Studio a lot over the past week (wait, has it really only been a week?! Time really does fly, don't you think?), and I can tell you that it definitely is my ultimate favourite Google tool.

As much as I enjoyed creating my original report to display my students' reading log data, I felt like something was missing and I was convinced that there was more I could do. And so I did.created an extra page to display my students' individual reading log data. For this second page, I wanted to create something more relevant to my learners and their whānau, but I also wanted something that would make it easier for me as a teacher to track my students' learning.

Check it out:

I ended up coming up with the idea of using a drop-down list based on the names of my students. I then set up the report so that the user would be able to click on the name of the student they are interested in. This will then populate how many books have been read, which books have been enjoyed the most, as well as their most recent book review. Before selecting the student's name, the report will display the data for the whole class.

I find Google Data Studio super fun to use, although it does get a little addictive. I would still recommend you to check it out if you are interested, I would love to see what you come up with!

I have also created a brand new report, this time about maths. But I do not want this blog post to get too long, so I think that I will leave it there for now... Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment