Friday, September 24, 2021

Digital Fluency Intensive - Week 9 blog post

This week was our ninth and final session of the Digital Fluency Intensive course for term 3 - this session's focus was external recognition.

Today was our very last DFI session, and we were provided with the opportunity to complete our Level 1 Google Certified Educator exam. I finished and passed early on, and figured that since today was 'External Recognition' day I might as well attempt the Level 2 Google Certified Educator exam as well, and I passed this one too! Phew.


Both exams consisted of 35 questions (multiple-choice, drag and drop), and I wish it had been a little more hands-on rather than knowledge-based. Still, I thought that it was a great opportunity to practice the skills which we have been learning over the past 8 weeks.

I have thoroughly enjoyed each of the DFI sessions, and have found that learning more about the Manaiakalani's LearnCreateShare pedagogy has really helped me reflect more on my practice. Going forward, I will do my best to keep on implementing this within my classroom program, and I will do what I can to help and support other teachers in my kura with doing so in their own class as well.

I really enjoyed connecting with my bubble group every Friday (especially going into lockdown, it has made my bubble of 1 feel more connected to the outside world). If I were to change one thing about the way the course is run though, I would say that it could be a great idea to rotate the bubbles each week. This way, participants could interact with a wider variety of teachers, and making different connections.

 My students have really enjoyed using the resources I have created throughout the course, and I am sure that they will enjoy being introduced to new apps once we head back into school. I look forward to keeping on learning new digital skills in the future - after all, this is what being a lifelong learner is all about isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Ka pai Flo! and congratulations on completing both level 1 and 2! That is absolutely the gold standard. You have done really well and I am glad to see your students are all ready benefiting from your new skills and knowledge. The coaches have had a conversation around switching the groups up more as we agree it would be great to have you all connect a bit more through different bubbles. Keep up your hard work. You will be the star of Ako Hiko in no time :) Congratulations on completing DFI 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Flo. Congratulations on passing both exams! I'm glad to hear you got so much from the sessions and I look forward to seeing more amazing teaching and learning happening in Room 2 and across your team at New Windsor.

    ReplyDelete