Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Update on Google Data Studio #3 - Room 2's clever mathematicians term 3

The life of someone alone in their bubble can get quite repetitive and (dare I say?) almost boring at times. To keep myself occupied over the past 70+ days, I have gone back to exercising, done a bit of furniture refurbishing, and tried to improve my drawing skills. But my brain also needed some creative/ down/ fun/ challenging time, and so I have done my fair share of exploring with Google Data StudioI have not been the best at posting though, so I will try to update my professional blog over the next couple of weeks... Stay tuned!

After having created a reading log for my class (which they are still loving and using daily), I thought that I needed something to keep my students engaged with their maths learning. During one of our online meetings, I asked my students how we could make this more fun for them while they are learning at home, and what they would like to see more of. As a general consensus, they all talked about how much they would like to see how many maths activities had been done by who, and which ones had been the most popular. So I put my brain to work, and tried my best to do create some sort of a maths log.

However, with the wide variety of maths Google Forms activities available on our class site, this one took some creative thinking to get right. I have been using many different google forms for our maths activities, which means that I had to come up with a way of utilising the data from a lot of different tas within the same spreadsheets. This was a little trickier to set up and took more time, but he is what I have come up with so far:

This one will not update itself automatically for now as I am still tweaking a few bits and bobs on it, but it also includes the work that my students have sent me via email.

I am looking forward to seeing what else I could add to this, but I think I will leave this to next term for now... I can already confirm that my learners are really enjoying looking at our maths display, and they have requested I make them another one for term 4... Stay tuned for more updates on how I have been using Google Data Studio to display my students' writing over this extended lockdown period!

No comments:

Post a Comment